The delegates will be able to access your Gmail inbox without needing to know your password, can read and reply to any of your emails but cannot chat on your behalf or modify your settings.
Here’s how to set it up:
Click on the cog icon in the top right hand corner of your inbox and go to settings.
Select the Accounts tab and scroll down to the Grant access to your account section.
- Click on the Add another account link and add the Google email address of the person you would like to access your Gmail account.
- You will see a confirmation message. Click on Send email to grant access.
- Your appointed delegate will receive a confirmation email and will also need to confirm.
- Once confirmed the delegated email address will appear under Grant access to your account.
The delegate can now access your account by clicking on their email address in the top right of their navigation bar – your email address will appear under their profile (see image). By clicking on your email address your inbox will open in another Chrome window. Any emails they do send will still be under your name but with also the delegate’s (i.e. Your Name (Sent by Delegate).
<h4>To remove delegate access account</h4>
- Click on the cog icon in the top right hand corner of your inbox and go to settings.
- Select the Accounts tab and scroll down to the ‘Grant access to your account‘ section.
- Click delete on the account you would like to remove.