Conversation View in Gmail can get confusing at times. To make things clearer and focus on a single reply, you can open a single email from a conversation string. Follow the process below:
- Open the Conversation
- Click on the top right options Arrow (next to the Reply button)
- From the menu choose Print
- This will open a single email in a new tab or window
- Close the print dialogue window or press escape
- The tab stays open so you can refer to the email and keep it open for as long as you need
To open a whole email conversation in a new tab, just press the Ctrl key when you click on the email in your inbox.