To set up a new Google calendar and share it with colleagues, follow the steps below:
- In Google Calendar click on the down menu arrow next to My Calendars – in the left hand menu – and select Create new calendar.
- Fill in details for the new calendar and set sharing settings to Share this calendar with everyone in the organisation with the permission set to See all events.
- To allow managers to add events to the calendar, enter them in the Share with specific people section and choose the permission setting Make changes to events. You could also add an email group in this section to share the calendar with everyone in a Google Group.
- Click Create this calendar.
- The new calendar will be added to your calendars, find it and click on the down menu arrow, choose Calendar settings.
- In this screen there is a section Calendar Address; copy and paste the Calendar ID (in brackets, next to the blue HTML label) which begins yourdomain.com…
- Send this ID to all users in your organisation.
- Each user should then open their Google Calendar and paste the new calendar ID into the Add a colleagues calendar box – the new calendar will be added to their list of calendars.
Let us know what you think of this tip, or share other Calendar tips in the Comments below.