This is a simple but little known tip which can have a big impact for people with busy schedules who want to enable their staff or colleagues to book meetings with them.
Go to your calendar and in Week view or Day view click anywhere on the grid and notice the Appointment slots text in the pop-up bubble.
Clicking on Appointment slots shows the details available to define slots
- What: appointment slot title
- Calendar drop-down: Select the calendar to use
- Type: Use Radio buttons to select either:
- Offer as a single appointment:
- Split into smaller slots: multiple appointments in the block of time, then select the duration (in minutes) for each appointment.
The appointment slots details page also shows a URL to This calendar’s appointment page which can be shared with your colleagues.
Appointment slots can be used with publicly shared calendars although a user needs a valid Google login account in order to be able to make a booking.
Give it a try in your Google Calender and post your comments below.