The Google Blog announced this week that images can be edited in Google Slides and Drawings. Using the edit features in Drawing means you can also edit images in Documents too! Just follow these steps:
- From your Google Doc, select the Insert menu and choose Drawing
- In the drawing click on the Insert Image icon and upload your image or choose one from other options
- Once the image uploads, click on it to select it and you can now crop and edit the image
- When you Save and Close to return to your doc, you have the cropped image
- If you later edit the drawing, the image’s cropping can be adjusted.
(Google Apps Release Track: Rapid)
Try this tip out and let us know what you think in the comments below.