In Drive it isn’t possible to create multiple new folders so it’s a painful manual task if, for example, you need a folder for each of 20 people in a team.
Using a nice feature of OverDRIVE you can create multiple folders by simply pasting a list of the new folder titles into a dialogue box (or by typing them manually). Then OverDRIVE does the rest.
OverDRIVE lets you create multiple folders, documents, sheets or slides and automatically syncs them to Google Drive.
- Once you’ve set up your OverDRIVE site and selected a root folder you’ll see your sub folders (if you have any) across the top menu.
- Visit the folder you wish to add multiple folders to and choose either the Create icon on the breadcrumb bar or the top right person icon.
- Choose Create Folder (Google Doc, Sheet or Slide).
- In the pop up window paste or type a list of names – one per line.
- Click Create.
- OverDRIVE will create the folders and sync the changes to Google Drive.
There you have it – an easy way to add multiple folders, Docs, Sheets or Slides to Google Drive.
OverDRIVE automatically generates a workspace or web portal using documents and data from Google Drive. It syncs information from and to Drive – so any folders you create using OverDRIVE will be synced back to Drive.
Visit overdrive.io to set up a free 2 user OverDRIVE site and link it to your Google Drive account.