Editable master slides allow you to customise aspects of the template for your slide presentations. You can change things like fonts (type, size, colours) for the various levels of text. The bullet point style can also be changed to images, shapes, and other items.
To edit the master slide:
- Open a presentation in Google Slides.
- Click the Slide menu, then select Edit master
- This will invoke the master template editor.
- In the left-side column you can see the master template and all of the slide layouts (e.g. Title Slide or Title and Two Columns).
- Select from the left hand column to edit the master or one of the layouts.
Changes made will be implemented throughout the presentation. Specific slides changed by the master or layout edited will be outlined in yellow on the left. You can duplicate a layout template by right-clicking the layout in the left column and select Duplicate layout. Return to editing your slides by clicking the X in the top right corner.
We would love to know what you think about this tip in the Comments section below.