iPhone and iPad Gmail setup instructions
A handy guide to setting up Gmail on your iPhone or iPad
There is, of course, a Gmail app for the iPhone and iPad, and it's good. But setting up Gmail in your native mail has many advantages - such as easily managing multiple accounts - and is worth doing. It's also very straightforward to do, just follow these steps.
- Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Press Add Account....
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address.
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
- Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
- Tap Next at the top of your screen.
- Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
- When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
- Press Next at the top of your screen again.
- Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
- Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) option when prompted.